Top 5 reasons to use professional photography on your listings
There are a lot of bad photos around out there on real estate listings, but slowly agents are finding out that there are a lot of good reasons to use professional photography, not the least of which is that sellers are beginning to demand it. There is of course, a plethora of other reasons to use professional photography on your real estate listings, most of which will have a profound effect on your bottom line. Read on to find out what my top 5 reasons are to always use professional photography on all of your real estate listings.
- You have a duty to your seller. As the listing agent, your client has placed their trust in you to market and sell what is very often their most valued asset, and many times this represents their life savings. Imagine for a moment if you will that you are not a real estate agent and you have hired a real estate professional to market and sell your home, wouldn’t you expect their very best marketing efforts in doing so? Showing up at their home with your trusty point and shoot is not giving your client your best marketing effort.
- It drives online traffic. According to the 2014 National Association of Realtors Profile of home buyers and sellers, 83% of home buyers rated photos as the most useful website feature. Simply put, buyers will not spend any time on a site with lousy images or no images at all. Professional photography will bring more visitors to your site and keep them there longer.
- You’ll win more listings. Along with the current use of the internet by home buyers, home sellers are also researching on the internet. What they are searching for is an agent that will handle their transaction with professionalism. How do they know an agent acts with professionalism? Professional photography on all of their listings. This sends a clear message to potential clients that you will give your best marketing efforts and get them to the closing table in the shortest amount of time for the highest sale price.
- It will solidify your brand image. Photos are the first impression that a buyer has of a potential property, but they are also the first impression that Sellers have of you as an agent. Sellers will take note of your consistency here. Do you want better listings and more expensive properties to sell? Do a good job of marketing the listings you have and with time they will be coming to you.
- Its the best bet for your bottom line. The cost of professional photography has decreased substantially over the last ten years with the digital age. What once may have cost you $1000 can be had today for around 1/10 of that cost. There are a few top selling agents that have figured this out and have realized that professional photography has a huge return on investment, sometimes nearly 1000%, not to mention the long term effects that it has on their brand image and future listings.
In conclusion, the use of professional photography by real estate agents in the marketing of their listings is truly a win win situation. Don’t believe me? Put it to the test. I am confident that soon you wouldn’t have it any other way. Have you had any similar experiences? Leave a comment, we would love to hear about it.